It’s the final countdown! RSA 2019 is less than a month away!
Events Posted Feb 8, 2019 by Courtney Kruzement-Prykhodko
Believe it or not, RSA is only 4 weeks away. While it may sound like plenty of time, CHEN PR has been busy strategizing, pitching and locking in briefings for weeks.
Arguably the world’s top information security industry extravaganza, the RSA Conference draws more than 50,000 attendees each year. Since 1995, a theme has been chosen each year to highlight a specific contribution or illustration related to information security.
This year’s theme is “Better.”
RSA Conference asks, “When it comes to cybersecurity, what defines better? New tools for building stronger walls? Sharper algorithms for predicting risk? AI and machine learning to help outsmart cybercriminals?”
Our clients are committed to doing more – and better — each day through their solutions, research, educational programs and insights. Here’s what they’re discussing at RSA 2019:
- Capsule8 – An RSA Conference 2019 Sandbox Contest finalist, Co-founder and Chief Scientist Brandon Edwards and Co-founder and CEO John Viega, along with Board Member Art Coviello (retired RSA executive chairman, will be there to discuss Cloud Native trends, containers and what’s required to detect zero day threats in Linux production systems.
- Claroty – VP of Threat Research, Dave Weinstein (Former public sector CISO/CTO and US Cyber Command) and Claroty Co-Founder Galina Antova (Former Siemens Industrial Security Head) will address the latest in critical infrastructure attacks and threats, as well as the overall state of critical infrastructure security.
- Digital Guardian – (North Expo #743) VP Cybersecurity Tim Bandos (Former DuPont IR/Threat Intel Director) will join other execs to address a range of data security trends and threats from data loss and Blockchain to IoT risks and endpoint security.
- Duo Security: (South Expo #1835) Duo Co-founder and newly minted Cisco VP Dug Song will address the state of Duo as a Cisco company and the climate for security M&A. Among the execs joining him will be Head of Advisory CISOs Wendy Nather, who will share insights into authentication issues from the strength and state of MFA, to 2FA bypass issues in the news, to the future of identity.
- Flashpoint – (South Expo #1759) Execs including CEO Josh Lefkowitz, Chief Strategy Officer Chris Camacho and VP of Intelligence Tom Hofmann will join a host of analysts including Ian Gray and Christopher Elisan (both presenting in the Emerging Threats Seminar) who can address the latest news, intelligence frameworks, adversarial advances and dark web trends, including direct actor engagement dynamics/mechanics. And don’t forget — Flashpoint will also host the 2nd annual IGNITE RSAC kick-off ft. Dual Core and Fuzzy Nop.
- RiskLens – RiskLens CEO Nick Sanna, who’s also President of the FAIR Institute, will join RiskLens Co-founder and EVP of R&D Jack Jones – author of FAIR standard – to discuss the state of Risk Management measurement and maturity, drawn from what is now a FAIR roster of 4000 members, including 8 of the Fortune 10 and 75% of the Fortune 50. The FAIR Institute is also hosting a breakfast on March 6, 8-11am PT.
- SafeBreach – (South Expo #3324) SafeBreach CTO and VP of Research Itzik Kotler will share perspectives about the company’s ongoing research into exploits of sandbox services as well as the latest successful attack methods. Additionally, SafeBreach Founder and former LivePerson CSO Guy Bejerano will be discuss attack trends, techniques and tactics, and the rise in organizational war gaming.
- Sonrai Security – Co-founders Brendan Hannigan and Sandy Bird, who helped form and grow IBM’s Security business into a $2 billion division and the world’s largest enterprise security provider after the acquisition of Q1 Labs, just launched their startup. In addition to discussing their unique approach to cloud security – one that’s focused on the relationship between data and identity – they’ll address the current startup climate, security-related business trends, and the challenges facing cloud native security – including cascading data breaches prompted by everything from misconfigured data stores to malicious exploits of cloud platforms.
And, if that’s not enough to get you excited for RSA, CHEN PR is once again sponsoring the 11th Securosis RSA Disaster Recovery Breakfast. Taking place March 7th from 8-11 a.m. at Tabletop Tap House in the Metreon, it’s an open-door event to reflect, grab breakfast, and start your day right (with Bloody Mary’s and Mimosas, of course) and otherwise recover from the Olympian effort that is attending RSA. To help estimate numbers, please RSVP to rsvp (at) securosis (dot) com if you’re planning to join us. We hope to see you there!