Summer Heats Up with Black Hat 2018!
Events Posted Aug 3, 2018 by Courtney Kruzement-Prykhodko
Ushering in August, Black Hat USA 2018 takes place next week in sunny Las Vegas!
From its inception in 1997, Black Hat has grown from a single annual conference in Las Vegas to one of the most respected information security event series internationally. Today, Black Hat Briefings and Trainings are held annually in the United States, Europe and Asia, providing a premier venue for elite security researchers and trainers to meet, greet and go deep on all things cybersecurity-related. There’s usually a little mischief mixed in, too.
As always, CHEN PR will be well represented. With clients sharing insights into topics ranging from the latest data security and threats, Twitter bots and Single Sign-On (SSO) attacks, risk intelligence, dark web trends and critical infrastructure security, highlights include:
- Claroty – Newly minted VP of Threat Research, Dave Weinstein (Former public sector CISO/CTO and US Cyber Command) will address the state of critical infrastructure security, the House Bill aimed at protecting industrial systems, and Claroty’s $60M funding from an impressive syndicate of industrial operators and control system vendors.
- Digital Guardian – CEO Ken Levine as well as Director, Cybersecurity Tim Bandos will join other company execs to dig into data security trends and threats. On the heels of being named a leader in endpoint detection and response by Forrester and preserving critical data loss prevention for Chrome users, Digital Guardian’s Bandos will also lead a session on the latest threat hunting techniques.
- Duo Security: Discussing the latest Trusted Access Report and Black Hat/DEF CON presentations from Twitter bots to SSO attacks, Duo will have a host of senior execs and researchers there. With the ‘work day’ behind, Duo is throwing a party on Wednesday night.
- Flashpoint – CEO Josh Lefkowitz, Chief Strategy Officer Chris Camacho, Director of Research Vitali Kremez and Director of Euro Research Roman Sannikov will lead their team in sharing insights into risk intelligence, adversarial advances and dark web trends. They’ll also update attendees on the company’s Business Risk Intelligence Decision Report: 2018 Mid-Year Update. And for much-needed chill time, Flashpoint is hosting its not-to-be-missed Wednesday eve bash at Libertine Social.
- SafeBreach – Founder and former LivePerson CSO Guy Bejerano will be discussing attack trends, techniques and tactics and the rise in organizational war gaming. Underscoring its vision and tech in the rapidly expanding category of Breach and Attack Simulation, SafeBreach recently earned the first patents in the space. And never one to be left out of the party circuit, SafeBreach is hosting a Whiskey & Bites bash at Aureole on Wednesday.