Looking to Dive into a Career in High Tech Public Relations in the Bustling City of Boston?
Company Culture, Public Relations Posted Nov 25, 2019 by Jennifer Torode
A little about us before I dive into the details, and you eyeball the job description below…
With more than 20 years under its belt, CHEN PR is one of the tech industry’s longest-standing and most respected strategic communications firms serving the innovation ecosystem.
Boutique-sized by design, big by way of results, and based in Boston’s Downtown Crossing, our B2B clients are headquartered across the country. They range from established multinational organizations to some of the hottest emerging growth companies and venture capital-backed startups.
There’s hardly a tech sector we haven’t touched. We’re especially well-versed in security and privacy, yet equally comfortable in cloud computing, energy storage, networking, enterprise software and more.
The bottom line is that we help clients to define markets, elevate brands, establish leadership and fuel sales. Check out our blog posts to see the media coverage we generate.
We want to hear from you if you are someone that is:
- Drawn to technology and innovation.
- A quick learner who isn’t afraid to dive in and ask questions along the way.
- Proactive and a self-starter.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Polished in both the verbal and written form.
- Fearless versus reckless and understands the difference between the two.
- Open to sharing in office humor and enjoys a Friday afternoon beer or vino with the crew.
We have excellent benefits, our downtown location makes for an easy commute just steps away from public transportation, and our company has a laid-back vibe. And if you have a dog that is well-behaved, we love visitors.
Don’t just take our word for it, check out what our newest CHEN PR staffer—who just happens to be an AAE—has to say about the agency.
Interested? Send us your resume to HR@CHENPR.com. Use a subject line that’ll get our attention. And include a note to tell us why you’re a great fit for the position.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Associate Account Executive (AAE) Job Description
- Supports account teams in communicating client messages to media, market research analyst and industry influencer communities.
- Creates and manages media, market research analyst and influencer contact databases based on ongoing interaction and input from account teams.
- Drafts a range of written materials, including client meeting agendas and media/market research analyst briefing documents.
- Facilitates client interaction with media, market research analyst and industry influencer communities within context of account teams; this includes coordinating timelines, managing schedules and joining calls/meetings.
- Participates in and proactively contributes to account team and client meetings.
- Monitors a range of trade/business/industry-specific media outlets for client/competitive coverage, ongoing market education and identification of trends/topics for client commentary.
- Coordinates editorial and speaking calendar opportunities; contributes ideas and angles for pitches and campaigns.
- Monitors media outlets and social channels important to client markets to achieve better understanding of reporter/influencer interest and coverage.
- Compiles and analyzes press coverage for clients as well as their competitors and market sectors.
- Posts client media coverage via CHEN PR’s website and social channels; this also includes drafting content for the agency’s blog.
- Requires experience using a range of tech-based products and services important to performing the job function.
- Demonstrates enthusiasm, capability and a sense of urgency in project management and completion, both independently and as part of the team.
- Communicates with teammates and clients to ensure that account activities are completed in a timely manner and with the highest accuracy and quality.
- Continually evaluates processes to suggest opportunities for increased efficiency and improvement.
- Uses judgment to prioritize tasks and responsibilities, working with more senior teammates to revisit and revise priorities and deadlines as needed.
- Exhibits flexibility in managing multiple projects/deadlines, including support for all team members.
- Interacts directly with media, market research analysts, conference management organizations and other influencers.
- BA/BS in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, Journalism, Business Management or related field. Internships and/or prior work experience preferred.