New Year, New Career: CHEN is Hiring
Company Culture, Cyber Security, Entrepreneurs, High Technology, Public Relations Posted Dec 20, 2021 by Kayla Krause
‘Twas the week before New Year’s when all through the PR industry,
The news was still a buzzing, though we all hoped it would do differently!
Cybersecurity attacks, ransomware hits and software bugs galore,
Keeping our clients busy and the press hits coming in score!
Though we all are looking forward to some rest before the New Year,
As we, too, will be busy, looking for someone to step into this career!
Perhaps you’re looking for a new opportunity? Then today is your day,
Because CHEN is hiring, and you won’t want this one to get away!
You heard us! We are hiring a senior account executive – looking for someone with two to four years of experience within an agency or corporate communications department in the security and technology space.
As one of the tech industry’s most respected boutique communications firms, CHEN PR has kept our agency small by design, while producing large results for our cybersecurity and privacy clients. Working with some of the fastest growing companies from startups to global enterprises, our clients have recently been covered in the top business and security outlets like Bloomberg, Forbes, The Wall Street Journal, CNBC, Inc., The Daily Beast, SecurityWeek, Dark Reading, and the list goes on.
If you’re up for a new challenge and want to kickstart your New Year, take a peek at the job description below and see if you’d be a fit. To apply, please contact us at email@example.com.
Senior Account Executive Position
- Supports 3-4 B2B tech accounts, including working directly with clients and agency team members to define earned media strategy, positioning, narratives, and key messages
- Stays abreast of trends and immediate news stories that play into client narratives by monitoring media outlets, social channels, key influencers, and market research firms
- Develops story ideas including corporate/executive profiles, trend pieces and insights/evidence/data that extends current news coverage; pitches these to media outlets targeting technology, vertical/industry-specific, business/financial and regional audiences
- Drafts and/or edits written materials, including press releases, executive-level briefing docs, abstracts and bios for speaking and byline article submissions, award nominations, FAQs and blog/social media posts
- Analyzes coverage of clients and key competitors each quarter to benchmark and report on Share of Voice metrics
- Assists in leading account team and client meetings as well as managing/mentoring less experienced peers
- Ideal candidate will have 2-4 years of agency or corporate communications experience working in the tech space
- Salary commensurate with experience and skill set