MITEF of Cambridge #BeantownThrowdown Happening October 9 at District Hall
MIT Enterprise Forum of Cambridge Posted 10.06.15
HUBweek Signature Event Showcases Highest Number of Boston-Area Colleges and Universities at a Single Student Entrepreneurial Business Pitch Competition
CAMBRIDGE, MA–(Marketwired – Oct 6, 2015) – MIT Enterprise Forum (MITEF) of Cambridge’s Innovation Series is hosting #BeantownThrowdown on Friday night, October 9, at District Hall in Boston’s Innovation District.
With student entrepreneurs targeting markets that range from housing, sustainability and healthcare/life sciences to entertainment and education tech, the teams include:
- PICCPerfect, stylish medical products for people with chronic illnesses – Babson College
- Bandpass, audience-controlled lighting and visuals – Berklee College of Music
- Cogitr, an app that connects students and tutors – Boston College
- Sub It, facilitates subletting for university students – Boston University
- DoneGood, an app that makes it easy for you to find businesses you know you can feel good about supporting – Harvard University
- Intentiv Robotics, a drone cinematography system to execute complex aerial shots – MIT
- Knightly, a mobile safety network connecting college students and campus police – Northeastern University
- Hive Labs, dedicated to the improvement and evolution of higher and secondary education through state of the art classroom management and collaboration technology – UMass Lowell
- BARS, high quality therapy devices at affordable prices – Wentworth Institute of Technology
Following the presentations, the audience of seed investors, venture capitalists, media, tech company executives and industry influencers will vote by “investing” millions of dollars in play money in the most inspiring ideas. Winning teams will receive a range of prizes to help launch and build their companies.
The evening will begin with a fireside chat about startups and entrepreneurship moderated by Boston Globe Innovation Economy columnist Scott Kirsner. His panel will feature local innovation community luminaries Katie Rae, managing director of TechStars, founder ofProject 11 and the Start-up Institute; Jebbit Founder and CEO Tom Coburn; and ecovent Systems Founder and CEO Dip Patel, whose company won the inaugural #BeantownThrowdown in 2013 and closed a $6.9 million Series A round in July, led by Emerson Climate Technologies.
CHEN PR and Morse, Barnes-Brown & Pendleton are joining MITEF of Cambridge to host the event. Sponsors include Coalition Workspace, getfused, Plano & Simple and Rough Draft Ventures.
To register, visit the MITEF of Cambridge website: http://bit.ly/1JJFdnt
About The MIT Enterprise Forum of Cambridge
The MIT Enterprise Forum of Cambridge is the founding chapter and one of 25 worldwide chapters comprising the MIT Enterprise Forum, Inc. Offering more than 40 programs and events annually that inspire innovation, MIT Enterprise Forum of Cambridge initiatives facilitate critical one-on-one mentoring while providing team services that increase the skills and expertise necessary for entrepreneurs to succeed.
(for MIT Enterprise Forum of Cambridge)
CHEN PR, Inc.