News from the RSA Conference 2014
Cyber Security, Events, High Technology, Public Relations Posted Feb 25, 2014 by Jennifer Torode
Get the skinny on CHEN PR clients’ latest announcements, presentations, panels and awards…
Monday, February 24, 2014
- Invincea Announces Expanded Threat Intelligence Integration in Invincea Management Service v2.0; Broadens Ecosystem of Threat Intelligence Partners With One-Click Product Integrations With ThreatGRID® and ReversingLabs
- RSA Enables New Generation of Managed Security Services to Help Enterprises Better Detect and Respond to Advanced Threats; Verizon Among Key RSA Partners to Deliver Advanced Threat Analytics to Enterprises
- SAFECode Expands Membership Structure; Associate Membership in SAFECode Now Open to Organizations with a Commitment to Software Assurance –SAFECode Welcomes Autodesk and Codenomicon as its First Associate Members
- Zscaler and Samsung Announce Enterprise-Ready Mobile Security Solution; Integrated Solution Extends Security and Compliance Policies from the Zscaler Security Cloud to Samsung KNOX for Added Security without Compromising User Experience
Tuesday, February 25, 2014
- Co3 Systems Accelerates Incident Response Through Interoperability With HP ArcSight Collaboration Automates Incident Escalation, Assessment, and Corrective Action Reducing Cost and Risk While Stopping Attacks in Their Tracks
- Co3 Systems Selected by CSC for Global Cybersecurity Incident Response Management; Next-Generation IT Services Firm Deploying Co3 to Assist Customers With Incident Preparedness/Planning, Response Management and Regulatory Compliance
- SAFECode Releases Free Online Software Security Training Courses; New e-Learning Courses Added to Security Engineering Training by SAFECode ProgramRSA Teams with Pivotal to Offer Security Analytics and Big Data Playbook; New Reference Architecture Delivers the Foundation for a Broader ‘IT Data Lake’ Strategy, Helping Organizations Improve Security, Control Costs and Gain Maximum Value from IT Analytics
Art Coviello, Executive Vice President of EMC Corporation and Executive Chairman of RSA, The Security Division of EMC, delivered his opening keynote to a record crowd at RSA Conference 2014, calling for international government and industry cooperation on major issues including cyber war, surveillance, privacy and trust on the Internet.
Co3 Systems’ CTO Bruce Schneier presented, “NSA Surveillance: What We Know, and What to Do about It,” on the Snowden documents, covering how the NSA conducts various types of surveillance. Schneier’s presentation focused on the technical capabilities of the NSA, not the politics of the association’s actions.
- RSA is an SC Magazine Awards Finalist in numerous categories
- Zscaler is a Finalist for the “Best Cloud Security Solution” category
- White Ops and Co3 are also in the running for the Security Blogger Awards 2014 so stay tuned!
Wednesday, February 26, 2014
Bruce Schneier will be participating on the RSA Panel Session, “Is the Cloud Really More Secure Than On-Premise?” As cloud services have been rapidly adapted over the past year, there has been much speculation about the security and privacy measures taken to implement such services. In this panel, Schneier will join three other security experts and professionals to discuss the security cautions some should consider when moving data to the cloud.
10:40-11:40 a.m. PST
Moderator: John Pescatore, Director at SANS
Panelists: Schneier; Bret Arsenault, CISO, Microsoft Corporation; Inc.; Eran Feigenbaum, Director of Security, Google Apps, Google and Wade Baker, Managing Principal, Research and Intelligence of Verizon
Moscone Center | West | Room 2002
And…VISIT Zscaler’s booth #1135 at 1:30 p.m. PST to view live product demos and pick up a signed copy of Bruce Schneier’s new book “CARRY ON” while you’re there.