Signs that Spring will come.
Cabin fever. noun: an unhappy and impatient feeling that comes from being indoors for too long.
I think it’s safe to say that I speak for most people when I say that we desperately need spring to come. It has been one of the coldest, snowiest winters we’ve had in a long time – and that goes for the entire country, even the sunny, warm states like Georgia and Tennessee got blasted with this winter’s unrelenting snow storms!
Being as it is the first day of spring (YAY!), I thought it’d be nice to share some things to look forward to and help us forget about the unfathomably cold weather we’ve had (promise, that’s the last time I’ll mention winter…promise!)
That being said, have you filled out your brackets yet? If not, you have about an hour to do so! The NCAA Tournament starts today with the first two games beginning at 12:15p.m. ET. Whenever March Madness starts, you know that spring is right around the corner. Families, companies, and friends all take on the brackets every year whether it’s for pride, money or a bet. Some organizations even have started to put their own spin on the brackets – like BostInno’s Startup March Madness and Boston.com’s Munch Madness.
Speaking of eating, the food trucks will be out as of April 1, 2014, and ever since CHEN has moved to Downtown Crossing, these trucks have been lunch heaven. There’s so much to choose from so whatever you’re in the mood for, odds are they probably have it. There’s Roxy’s Grilled Cheese, the Chicken and Rice Guys, or if you’d rather ditch lunch for dessert, there’s always the Cookie Monsta truck (a personal CHEN favorite I’d say.)
Just a few days after the food trucks open up, so does Fenway Park! Red Sox Opening Day is Friday, April 4, 2014 and I couldn’t think of a better way to kick off spring than by our own baseball team and their season opener. I can smell the hot dogs stands already, and hear the pushcart sellers yelling, “get ya beeh here!”
Not to mention, I believe the last time we saw the duck boats out were when they were parading our reigning Red Sox national champions around the city during their victory lap in November of last year. But as of tomorrow, Boston’s Duck Tours will be resuming again. Well, fingers crossed the Charles River is all melted, and given the 50-something degree weather we have today I think we’ll be all set!
The flowers may not be budding nor is the sun gracing us with its presence just yet – but there is hope, and it certainly won’t stop us from cheering on our sports teams and enjoying the local eats in the neighborhood. And how about a little plug for CHEN’s amazing clients? Check out some upcoming events they are attending, exhibiting and/or speaking at and add to your spring to-do list:
- March 25-26, 2014 – Boston SecureWorld 2014 at the Hynes Convention Center in Boston, MA
- Invincea will be attending and exhibiting here next week.
- March 31 – April 2, 2014 – Palo Alto Ignite Conference at The Cosmopolitan – Las Vegas, NV
- March 31 – April 2, 2014 – Consumer Bankers Association Live 2014 at the Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center – Washington, D.C.
- RSA will be attending; and Sean Brady, Director of Product Management at RSA, will be speaking during the “Get Hacked=Lose Customers” forum.
- March 31 – April 4, 2014 – Interop 2014 at Mandalay Bay Convention Center – Las Vegas, NV
- Crosscheck Networks will be attending and exhibiting here.
- April 1-2, 2014 – CSO Magazine’s Security Confab – Braselton, GA
- RSA will be attending; and Eric Thompson, IT Threat Strategist at RSA, will be presenting at the general session.
- April 15-16, 2014 – IANS Washington D.C. Information Security Forum at the Washington Convention Center – Washington, D.C.
- Firemon will be attending.
- April 30, 2014 – Innovation Series Event: Connect & Quantify This!! at The Broad Institure – Cambridge, MA
- MIT Enterprise Forum will be hosting this event.
- May 4-7, 2014 – FS-ISAC & BITS at Omni Amelia Island Plantation Resort – Amelia Island, FL
- Co3 Systems is attending.
- May 5-8, 2014 – EMC World at the Venetian – Las Vegas, NV
- RSA will be attending.
- May 13, 2014 – ANA “Bot Fraud” and How to Protect Your Company & Your Brands”
- Michael Tiffany, Co-founder and CEO of White Ops, will be the featured speaker during this webinar.
Happy First day of Spring y’all!