Company Culture, Entrepreneurs, Events, High Technology, Public Relations Posted Jul 13, 2015 by Kayla Krause
It always seems that summer comes and goes so fast. We just celebrated our nation’s birthday and before you know it we’ll be topping the summer season off with Labor Day cookouts and barbeques. Those beach days, work parties and city networking events make the summer days fly by, but we’ve got to take advantage of these few months while we have them, right? That’s certainly what we’ve all been doing here at CHEN PR, and it’s been keeping us more than busy!
CHEN PR recently signed on as a sponsor for Boston Calling’s Block Parties – serving as the official Cornhole Games sponsor, additional boards and bags included:
You can find us CHENers, among hundreds of others, joining in on the festivities every Thursday in Dewey Square Park from 5 to 8 p.m., now until the middle of September. As the cornhole sponsor, we certainly engage in some friendly competition with new and old friends, but we also like to enjoy the live music and local foods that accompany this great revitalization of Boston’s Downtown Crossing.
Among the summer events and activities that CHEN PR will be attending, some highlights include MassTLC’s upcoming 18th Annual Leadership Awards Summer Reception, and MIT Enterprise Forum events—ranging from tech-focused networking rooms to round-table discussions on social media and local start-ups—all of which provides for fun meet-and-greets, a lot learned, and of course, some great conversations.
Not only will we be busy, but our CHEN PR clients are also on the heels of the biggest security event of the summer, Black Hat USA 2015. Scheduled for August 1-6, the world’s leading family of information security events will be hosting its USA conference at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center in Las Vegas, NV. With eight of our clients attending, there are also quite a few presenting, hosting parties, and conducting demos. Here’s just a snapshot of what their schedules look like:
- Chief Scientist of White Ops, and world-renowned for finding a critical flaw in the Internet’s Domain Name System (DNS), Dan Kaminsky will be keynoting, “Hope Amongst The Rubble: What Comes Next For Information Security?” at Black Hat’s CISO summit on August 4th.
- Accuvant (now Optiv Security)’s researcher Mark Baseggio will be presenting on how to break/circumvent RFID access controls.
- Cylance researchers Matt Wolff and Andrew Davis will be speaking the morning of August 4th on the effectiveness of applying deep learning techniques to disassembly in an effort to generate models designed to identify malware.
- Howard Schmidt, Executive Director at SAFECode, and Board members will be discussing a pending Buyer’s Guide that lays out recommendations and critical considerations in evaluating the security of enterprise software.
- FireMon, the leading provider of proactive security intelligence solutions, will be setting up demos at their booth, #941; as will cloud access security broker Adallom, holding down the fort at booth #947.
- And our very own partner here at CHEN PR, Kevin Kosh, will also be in attendance at this jam-packed security event!
It’s no doubt summer is my favorite season – as you can see some of the reasons are listed above. So if you’re around and looking for something fun to do and some pretty cool people to meet, stop by Dewey Square on a Thursday night, or maybe we’ll see you at the Microsoft NERD Center sometime soon. Overall, cheers to this summer and all of its happenings!