Tech Blogs with Scott Kirsner: The Convo Continues
Uncategorized Posted Oct 12, 2007 by metropolis
Scott Kirsner is going to moderate a discussion on October 23rd at the Cambridge Innovation Center (CIC- very cool space I might add). CHEN PR is sponsoring, along with our esteemed law firm Morse, Barnes-Brown & Pendleton, coopetitor Schwartz Communications and the CIC.
I’m on Scott’s panel along with a host of more distinguished bloggers (see below). Scott envisions a few questions to kick things off, followed by lots of Qs from the audience and open discussion.
The bad news: We hit the attendee limit in the room in just three days after Scott posted. But I’ll blog about it and I’m sure the others will, so you can get the essence.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Tech Blogs: How are Blogs Changing the Way Technology is Covered?
Entrepreneurs, CEOs, VCs, journalists, and PR professionals are increasingly cranking out blogs, podcasts, and video dispatches. How does this change the way the tech sector gets covered? What does it mean for CEOs trying to get their stories out, PR firms trying to get coverage for their clients, VC firms touting their investments, journalists trying to cover important news, and customers tracking the market? (Not to mention the relationships between all of these players.)
We’ll bring together representatives from all four camps for a wide-ranging conversation (definitely *not* a panel) about the way blogs are changing the game in the tech world.
Participants will include:
– Don Dodge, Director of Business Development, Microsoft Emerging Business Team, and blogger, http://dondodge.typepad.com/
– Jimmy Guterman, Editor of Release 2.0 and blogger, O’Reilly Radar
– Barbara Heffner, partner at CHEN PR and blogger, http://clarklane.blogspot.com
– Nabeel Hyatt, CEO at Conduit Labs and blogger, http://nabeel.typepad.com/
– Bijan Sabet, venture capitalist at Spark Capital and blogger, http://sabet.typepad.com/bijanblog/
– Chuck Tanowitz, director, Schwartz Communicatons and blogger, http://mediametamorphosis.blogspot.com/